Icon-add-to-playlist Icon-download Icon-drawer-up
Share this ... ×
By ...
Immigration Law Show January 12 2017
January 12, 2017 11:05 PM PST
itunes pic

Covering the latest on immigration law with questions and answers from the listeners. Recorded live from the KLOK 1170 AM studio on January 12 2017

Immigration - Know Your Rights - Law Show by Shah Peerally
December 03, 2016 07:57 AM PST
itunes pic

Covering different topics on immigration including the future of immigration laws. Employment-based immigration, undocumented issues, Trump new immigration rules. For more information call (510) 742 5887 www.AttorneyOnAir.com

5 Tips for H1B and Startups
November 07, 2016 08:50 PM PST
itunes pic

The Silicon Valley is the heaven for startups. People from all over the world want to come to California especially to the Silicon Valley to be the next ‘Google’ or ‘Facebook’. In fact, many will actually be successful. Such companies especially in the IT sector are often supported by foreign labor who have to move to the United States in order to assist the companies. Consequently, a visa is required in order for the startups or IT firm to bring foreign workers to the United States. While there are many visa options available, the H1B visa for startups is probably the most common one. This brings us to question whether a startup could be eligible to file an H1B visa.

How can F1 students work in the United States
November 02, 2016 11:24 AM PDT
itunes pic

The U.S. government takes working illegally very seriously. This audio will cover how foreign students can work in the United States.

There are limited work opportunities available in the United States for F-1 students. For this reason, before coming to the United States, F-1 students must prove they have the financial ability (e.g., present bank statements) to pay for tuition and living expenses while studying. If you decide that you want to work, the first step is always to talk with your designated school official (DSO).

If your DSO knows you are working without permission, they must report it through SEVIS, meaning your SEVIS record will be terminated. That means that you will have to leave the United States immediately, and you may not be allowed to return.

Depending on your status and program of study, you may be eligible for the following type of employment opportunities while you study in the United States:


On-campus employment is work that F-1 students whose status is Active in SEVIS status may apply for. On-campus employment is specific to work that takes place on campus or at an off-campus location that is affiliated with the school. Examples of on-campus employment include working at a university bookstore or cafeteria.

Active F-1 students may apply for on-campus employment up to 30 days before the start of classes. In order to apply, talk to your Designated School Official (D.S.O.) If approved, your D.S.O will provide you with a letter of approval. Take this letter from your D.S.O and a letter of approval from your employer to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN). All students who wish to work must apply for a Social Security Number.

If you participate in on-campus employment, you may not work more than 20 hours per week when school is in session. If you have additional questions, please visit the F-1 Student, please call us at 510 7425887.

Working Off-Campus

Off-campus employment is work that that takes place outside of a school campus. Off-campus employment is only available to F-1 students who have completed at least one full academic year of their program of study, and who have an economic hardship that qualifies for the Department of Homeland Security’s emergent circumstances.

To apply for off-campus employment, you must explain your economic hardship situation and receive approval to work from your DSO. If your DSO determines that the situation applies, he or she will recommend you and give you an updated Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status.”

Once you have the new Form I-20, you must file a Form I-765, “Application for Employment Authorization,” with USCIS within 30 days of receiving your recommendation.

If U.S.C.I.S approves you to work, they will send you a Form I-766, “Employment Authorization Document,” (E.A.D) with the dates that you may work off-campus.

Please note that you cannot begin to work while the Form I-765 is pending with U.S.C.I.S. If you are approved, you may work 20 hours per week when school is in session. As with on-campus employment, you must also apply for a Social Security Number.

The above is just a quick guide on how foreign students on F1 can work in the United States. However, there are many issues associated with working on F1 visa. If you need help or want a consultation, we recommend you call us at 5107425887

Information provided is purely educational. You should not act or refrain to act solely on the information provided. Visit us at www.AttorneyOnAir.com for details.

Top 7 Things to Know About the H1B
November 01, 2016 01:39 PM PDT
itunes pic

By: Shah Peerally Esq.

The H1B visa is always a widely discussed issue amongst those who want to enter the US for work. Today we discuss here some important aspects of the H1B Visa that will make it easier for the readers to understand it.

601 Waivers
October 30, 2016 07:37 PM PDT
itunes pic

What Is an I-601 Waiver, and When is it Required?

Some foreign nationals may be deemed inadmissible under INA 212(a), which covers bases including unlawful presence, criminal violations, and immigration fraud or misrepresentation. If a foreign national is considered inadmissible, then he or she must obtain a waiver of inadmissibility if they are seeking lawful permanent resident status. Generally, in order to successfully obtain an I-601 waiver, you must prove “extreme hardship” to a qualifying relative is moved to the applicant’s country, and that the qualifying relative can’t remain in the US without the applicant. These hardships are also weighed against “mitigating and aggravating factors.”

Note that under the 601A waiver, there might be options to file the 601 waiver while insde the United States.

Shah Peerally Law Show October 27 2016
October 27, 2016 11:13 AM PDT
itunes pic

The Shah Peerally Law Show today covered issues such as INA 214B, dual intent visas - H1B, L1B, L1A, L2 visas. It also covered mergers and acquisition for immigration purposes effect on I-140 petitions and H1B visas.

Shah Peerally Law Group PC Opens in Washington DC
October 10, 2016 11:32 AM PDT
itunes pic

The Shah Peerally Law Group PC Washington DC office located at 1020 16th Street NW – is stationed in the heart of Washington DC two blocks away from the White House and in the vicinity of the Unite20161006_141453d States’ most important institutions including the headquarters of the United States Customs and Immigration Service (USCIS).

The office houses Attorney Sharif S. Silmi and will include support staff and other important legal positions.

Washington DC office -1020 16th Street NW.

Phone: 202-656-5553


Shah Peerally Law Show - October 6 2016
October 06, 2016 11:27 AM PDT
itunes pic

Covering topics on H4 EAD, I-140 and transfer of H1B, citizenship application and many other important immigration issues.

Shah Peerally Law Show - September 22 2016
September 22, 2016 01:39 PM PDT
itunes pic

Immigration law with attorney Shah Peerally talking about issues on H1B, AC 21, I-140.

Next Page